Saturday, July 21, 2012

Woaahhh, where has the time gone?! July is winding down and soon it will be August and August means college! Agghh! Still insanely nervous but at the same time I am getting a teeny bit excited. The fun dorm stuff is getting bought and the textbooks are coming in the mail! Call me crazy but I'm excited to start learning again. That sounds so lame but my brain is starting to feel like a bum and it needs some new knowledge. At the same time, I really am not looking forward to summer coming to an end. I've been doing so much crafting and baking this summer it feels like I should have a craft or food blog, but then I remember how nobody reads this anyways so what does it matter? Haha!
BUT I have made an incredible realization this summer...
I LOVE EXERCISE!
Say wahhhh???!!!

Let me take you back a year in my life to help you understand.

I've always wanted to be the person who exercised, sweat, and kicked ass but that is certainly harder said than done. I exercised on and off but I never really committed. Worse than that is I had NO self motivation. If someone wasn't dragging me to the gym there's a good chance I wasn't going. But I started running with a little help from my boyfriend, Brennan, and my friend, Andrew. They ran everyday after school and I joined them because I was having trouble finding a girlfriend who was willing and able to work out with me on a daily basis. Even better, Brennan was kind of a hard-ass tyrant (in a good way) on getting you started (which was EXACTLY what I needed). At that point running became a habit, but I still wasn't entirely into it. I did an easy, SLOW, mile or two and called it good. Soon it became summer and due to schedule differences the three of us running together fell apart. Suddenly I was left to fend for myself, and crazy enough, I DID IT! I had enough motivation to get my lazy ass out of bed every morning and do my mileage, and I just kept going! And now, I'm not only going farther than I ever have before but I'm pushing myself to new limits! AND I ENJOY IT (in a weird, sick, hurts like hell, twisted kind of way)! IT'S SO WEIRD!

I know this is an odd thing to post about but I am incredibly proud of myself. And even better, through all of this my outlook on myself has completely changed. I feel so much better about myself, and it's not because I've dropped tons of weight and I look like a playboy bunny (because I haven't, and I don't), but just because I feel like I'm capable of so much more than I allowed myself to think. I look in the mirror and instead of pointing out my insecurities I see a BAMF who's ready to kick ass. I never thought getting into running would be something I'd like, but I'm really glad I tried it! I'm no marathon runner and I'm still pretty slow, but for me, I've accomplished a lot. I feel like I've grown so much and my confidence in myself is growing as well. If I can take on this, what else can I take on? College? Growing up? (Ok, well maybe not the last one) But still, I feel like If I can do this, what can't I do?! It's a good feeling....

So for all you out there reading this (good joke right?!), I hope you have a great day, and if getting into shape is something you're thinking about trying, I say go for it! Worst thing that can happen is you'll actually enjoy it! *shudders*

Damn this blog sure needed some positivity...
Farewell, 
Life is a slice of kick ass, rockstar woman cherry pie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment