Well my curious friends...I'm inside because I have lost all my soul and emotion to the ACT this morning. Yes, while the outside world was waking up to a lazy Saturday, I was confined to a little desk in the harsh world of flourescent lit classrooms. My mind was trying to so hard to put up a good fight, but it was slowing being sucked into the black hole of destruction.
My thoughts on the ACT:
1. I don't think there should be so much emphasis on it. Congrats if you're one of those weird super intelligent people who rock the shit out of it and get a super amazing score when you're like 12, but honestly all it does is test your ability to take tests.
2. I think the ACT sets everyone up for failure. Cram us in a room for 4 hours, with only a 10 minute break and deny us water and food. Uhh yeah, who the hell is gonna thrive in that situation?
3. SO MUCH STRESS! The night before the ACT I'm freaking out, my stomach is in knots, I have a bunch of pimples, I'm throwing up and my life is just a pool of stress. All because I feel like I have to do well so some college doesn't think I'm a dumbass and will give me money. LAME!
4. It makes me feel like the biggest retard on the planet. Maybe I am a retard, but c'mon now, the ACT is destroying my self esteem like the Iceberg destroyed the Titanic. And you know what the problem is, I take it...do bad...then have the feeling like I'll never be able to do well on it and have a huge cloud of negativity surrounding me for the rest of my life. Over dramatic...Maybe? But forreals it makes me feel like CRAP!
Thats all I got, I would write more but unfortunately the ACT sucked out my ability to live. I feel like I'm dead. To quote David after the Dentist "Is this gonna be forever??" I hope not, I don't want this worthless and retarded forever...
Oh, but on the bright side, my answer sheet was purple which I thought was cool for about 5 seconds.
PEACE!
No comments:
Post a Comment