Wednesday, September 7, 2011

RUN FOREST RUN!

Wowza it has been awhile since I've wrote on here, I'm really hoping this blog thing isn't going to turn into another one of those forever unfinished projects that I always seem to be starting....

Anyways, labor day weekend has gone and past, and I had a pretty stupendous long weekend, but unfortunately it also means that summer is officially over, which is always a hard load for my heart to handle but fall has its perks too I suppose....mehh!

Well today I decided I would write about something that I hate...mostly because I'm bad at it.
RUNNING.
I decided to write about this topic because yesterday I went to a cross country meet to cheer on my friends and boyfriend. It was one of those eye opening experiences that made me think "how in the world do these people do this to themselves?" I have an obnoxious amount of respect for runners because I really do think they might be the most dedicated, self motivated people that exist. Not only do they run 7 days a week during school buuutttt they also ran all summer at 7 in the effing morning. And running isn't exactly an enjoyable thing to do...I mean, I can think of a lot more enjoyable things to do instead of long amounts of cardio making your heart feel like it's going to explode. But anyways, I was just amazed as I watched the runners go. They're running up hills and shit and they never stop. Then towards the end they all look like at any point one of them might just fall over and die, but nope they just keep going! PRETTY INTENSE. And here I am wearing my "fat day" stretchy pants, drinking sonic yelling at the them to keep going. Needless to say I felt like a lazy-ass, douche bag! I mean, I exercise, but never at that level of intensity, and it usually comes with a lot of bitching and moaning on my part. The problem is that the motivation is all a mental game that I fail at miserably. I really feel like if I had half the self motivation they have, I could A. Be really in shape and B. pretty much do anything I ever wanted. Unfortunately, thats not how life works! Regardless, it was lots of fun seeing everyone run and I thought they all did great. In fact, I really just wanted to cheer on everyone there because I felt so bad for them. But I held back and had some school spirit instead.
So to sum it all up. RUNNING SUCKS.
but I wish I could be successful like them...
bahah. oh the dilemma!
anyways, I wish I could say I'm excited for the weekend, but with marching band and the ACT, I'm really just kind of pissed off....ahhh well, thats life for ya!

well I better get on the run (no pun intended)...STAY GOLDEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment