Wowza I'm a blogging machine lately. Anyways, this blog post is inspired by many of my friends who need to but put in their place...please read this especially Marissa and Emily.
Here today I am going to talk about a trend I see over an over again that must stop. This trend is the trend of celebrating Christmas WAY before its time. Before you read this brief paragraph please keep in mind that I LOVE Christmas time, so don't you dare call me a bahumbug.
Thanksgiving is an awesome holiday. All you do is eat and enjoy the wonderful things in life. It's stress free and equally as great as all of the other holidays. So please tell me why Thanksgiving is ALWAYS overshadowed Christmas? The second Halloween passes everyone gets all horned up for Christmas when it is 2 MONTHS AWAY! They seem to forget the simplicity of being thankful of what they have and start buying up a storm of Christmas decorations and making their Santa lists and all that crap. Then on the day of Thanksgiving all most people are doing is planning their plan of action for black friday shopping so they can get their CHRISTMAS shit for cheap. WELL GUESS WHAT I WON'T STAND FOR IT ANYMORE! I think Thanksgiving should get radio stations dedicated to its music and the stores should be filled with Thanksgiving decorations. Oh and you know what else? I like that Thanksgiving still has its true meaning to it...IT IS ABOUT BEING THANKFUL. It doesnt have some myth of a fat man creepin in children's homes overshadowing the true meaning. Overall, I just really love the food and family surrounded by Thanksgiving and I just wanted to give it its street creds in this blog post......oh and I really dont want to be working on my essay for AP Lit like I should be...
YAY THANKSGIVING!
just remember I really do love Christmas and I'm not trying to knock it, I'm just sayin that I shall love Christmas AFTER the wonderful time that is Thanksgiving.
Yeah, I'm talking to you Marissa.
XOXO
McKenzie, I am not celebrating Black Friday, or Santa, or the presents side of Christmas like you said because, I agree, that should wait. The material side of it is not what I'm excited for. I am celebrating the Christmas spirit. You know, the happy feeling inside you have when it's Christmastime because your family is coming together for your family traditions, and you're drinking hot chocolate by the fireplace, watching all the Christmas lights twinkle... All of those little things that make the holiday enjoyable. I don't care what anyone says. I don't believe it's ever too early to have Christmas spirit.
ReplyDelete